Do you have any of these concerns about inheritance procedures in Japan?
How Kobe Legal Partners can help you
We can provide the following assistance with regard to inheritance matters involving a foreigner nationals:
- Researching foreign inheritance laws and international private law
- Collection of documents evidencing the inheritance
- Translation of foreign language documents
- Name change for real estate (inheritance registration)
- Inheritance procedures when the foreigner is the heir
- Inheritance procedures from overseas for assets located in Japan
Background We received the following inquiry from a client living overseas. An individual owning real estate in Japan died, leaving real estate located in Japan to an heir who did not need the property since she lived outside Japan. Instead, she wanted th ...
With an ever increasing number of foreign nationals residing and making homes in Japan, the need for English-speaking legal professionals capable of advising and assisting the family and heirs of the Japanese assets of deceased foreign nationals has also ...
When a foreign national dies leaving assets in Japan but no will, the inheritance procedures can be complicated based on the following factors which are unique to inheritance procedures involving deceased foreign nationals with assets in Japan: Deciding w ...
What procedures are normally involved in inheritance in Japan? Generally when a person dies in Japan without a written will, the legal heirs under Japan’s Civil Code need to confer and reach agreement about the distribution of their respective shares of t ...